My Favourite Places in Amsterdam

My Favourite Places in Amsterdam

In January 2020, I went to Amsterdam - after hearing great reviews of the capital of Netherlands, i decided i would give it a go. Amsterdam is a very relaxed city boasting beautiful vintage like views with vertical style buildings. During my time in Amsterdam, i tried to prioritise doing activities such as tours of Museums and activities such as Ice Skating.

In this blog, i am going to show you some of the things that i enjoyed most during my time in Amsterdam. 



Ice* Rink – a popular tourist attraction also visited by locals, the Ice* ice rink give me a good laugh considering I had never really ice skated prior to visiting Amsterdam - hence a few knocks and bruises.

Beside the Ice rink, there was food restaurants accompanied by Rijksmuseum as a phenomenal view in the background which can be seen in the image to the left. The Ice* rink is usually busy which adds to the experience for your winter City Break.








Venustempel Sex Museum – This Museum located in the Amsterdam Centre shows the history of Amsterdam’s sex scene, the museum looks at many aspects of sensual love through the ages.

Venustempel is the world's first and oldest sex museum and is also a very popular tourist attraction in Amsterdam. I enjoyed the experience of the museum as it was something irregular that really captures the vibe that Amsterdam provides.





The City Centre  – As a tourist, I visited the City Centre, if you think Amsterdam is small and can be navigated about with Google Maps – think again.

I found myself lost countless times but that added to the experience, you’ll find yourself walking aimlessly for hours staring at the beautiful buildings and the sights that are on offer.

Just outside the centre, there is the Red-Light District which is a must see for any tourist in Amsterdam. This is one of the main attractions of Amsterdam and really comes to life at night.




This is only a few of the places that I enjoyed in Amsterdam, i would highly recommend this beautiful city to everyone as there is something for everybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fuerteventura - Canary Islands - My Favourite Places

Belfast, My Home City